Technical Director/Director - Sustainability
ETL is a subsidiary business wholly owned by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and our profits are reinvested back into the trust. ETL provides consultancy services, working with clients on strategy and estate development, and helping them to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their built environment. Our specialist services include sustainable estate development, healthcare strategy and planning, cost management, programme management, project management, property consultancy, sustainability, and technology.
About the Role
Working at Technical Director/Associate Director level, lead ETL’s Sustainability service offering including business development, market insight and positioning, new services development and client delivery. An important aspect of the role is to embed and integrate sustainability thinking across all ETL services. A key focus of the first 12 months will be to bridge the gap between ETL’s current capability and capacity and our goal to provide a more comprehensive offering to our clients.
About the candidate
- Chartered Environmentalist (or equivalent)
- Expertise across a wide range of sustainability areas and initiatives that our clients and sectors operate in, including:
- sustainability strategy development,
- ESG (environmental, social, governance),
- sustainability integration,
- sustainability analytics, reporting and benchmarking,
- engagement and behaviour change,
- developing and implementing management systems,
- stakeholder engagement,
- knowledge of current and future policy direction, and direction of technological advances relevant to our clients
- recognised subject matter expert with the appropriate market facing presence.
ETL currently manages a number of client-based sustainability frameworks across a variety of industry sectors and will continue to manage these frameworks on behalf of our public sector clients. Responsibility for the development of future, similar framework opportunities will fall under the remit of the Sustainability Lead, who will work with our procurement experts in the rollout and delivery phases of these and future frameworks. The Sustainability Lead will be expected to work with all ETL service line leads to integrate our sustainability offering across all ETL services.