Vacancy - Senior Analyst - Healthcare Strategy & Planning
Healthcare Strategy + Planning focuses on finding clinically and financially sustainable solutions that create high-quality environments for our clients, their employees, and patients.
Health systems have seen an unprecedented demand over the last year as Covid has gripped nations reacting to a global pandemic. Healthcare systems have had to look at how to optimise capacity – physical, workforce and digital - to help people get well and restore normal services.
Being able to analyse big data to help make those informed decisions is crucial in improving the quality of the services and making them more cost-effective. Thinking about how services and facilities can be configured to better serve the people who use and work in them requires skill, knowledge and experience to ensure clinical and financial sustainability. That means looking at whole health systems to generate better population outcomes.
The role will provide analytic support to achieving the overall business plan to grow and develop Healthcare Strategy + Planning as a leading-edge offering to external clients, including NHS organisations and private sector clients both within the UK and internationally.
- Quantitative and qualitative analyses and modelling
- Production of summarised analytical data and dashboards to efficiently and effectively communicate information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary business and clinical subject matter experts
- Provide consultancy advice to assist clients with operational efficiency, process mapping and re-design
- Undertake analysis of local demographics and population to influence healthcare strategy + planning, models
- The development of demand modelling and capacity modelling including detailed statistical analysis
- Working with clients to develop business cases, providing data, evidence and intelligence
- Putting clients first and achieving maximum client satisfaction.
- Masters or Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or mathematical subject
- Software programming
- A qualification with operational research, industrial engineering or business analytics modules is desirable
- Experience in working with Simul8 or other discrete-event simulation software
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in MS Office including Excel and Word
- Strong analytical skills to develop, read and interpret complex information for different audiences
- Good presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills
- Personal drive to work efficiently with the ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly to meet client and project needs
- A can-do attitude focused on delivery
- A good understanding of the current and changing NHS environment
- Experience in working with Geographic Information Systems software e.g. Tableau
- Experience in working with Schematiq, data scheduling and analytics software.