Vacancy - Financial Analyst
Infrastructure Solutions is a key advisory role in supporting our clients to make informed decisions about how we can make them more financially sustainable while ensuring they are delivering on capital programmes and improving frontline services.
- We are seeking individuals with financial, analytical and commercial capability, to support our clients to deliver better outcomes. We are looking for people who understand and can advise on financial and commercial solutions and help to structure, develop and procure their new assets and services.
- Candidates will be expected to:
- lead or contribute to feasibility studies, options appraisals and Green Book compliant business cases to support client’s investment decision making
- provide financial analysis of client’s opportunities and commercial structures
- support clients to drive forward, shape and negotiations solutions
- The post holder will be responsible for advisory service delivery and performance of several projects of varying breadth and scope, working as part of a team on major commissions and where appropriate leading and managing projects.
- The role will vary from short term aspects of client engagements to long term
- The post holder will be expected to contribute to new business development targets in relation to the development of a portfolio of clients.
- The role is full-time client-facing, and the post holder will be expected to work across ETLs service lines, as well as contribute and provide support in preparing tender responses and delivering presentations for new business opportunities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (and/or working towards - or willing to work towards - a recognised accountancy qualification)
- Understanding of accountancy convention and processes, and investment appraisal methodologies
- Knowledge understanding and experience of quantification of aspects of the ESG agenda would be beneficial
- Experience of working in NHS Finance, or other public sector organisations and knowledge of capital financing or investment appraisal regimes
- Experience of HM Treasury Green Book business cases, specifically developing and using investment appraisal methodologies
- Public sector procurement processes
- Complex contract and project finance structures
- Building / working with complex financial models to support project assessments and projections.
- Supporting or leading negotiations for and on behalf of clients
- Understanding of existing complex commercial structure, or support the development of new structures to deliver assets or services
- Appreciate the different sources of public sector funding available to support development
- Understand of private sector funding solutions, structures and motivations to deliver to public sector clients
- 5 case business cases, Capital Investment Appraisal Model (or GEM)
- Social Value and ESG metrics
- Best practice financial modelling approaches
- Holds a recognised accountancy qualification or similar
- Excellent numeracy, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- MSO 365
- business thinking, collaborating, innovation and change, communicating, developing self and others, decision making, reasoned judgement and analytical skills