Vacancy - Senior/Associate Project Manager
Our Senior/ Associate Project Managers are responsible for managing the delivery and performance of capital infrastructure projects of varying size and complexity in our specialist sectors, Health and Science. Our Project Managers cover the full lifecycle of project delivery – from strategic business case through to post-occupancy.
They work as part of a wider team on major commissions or lead projects of their own, whilst all the time developing skills and creating value for our clients.
The roles are client-facing and we work with health and science clients in and around London, the South East and East Anglia.
- Manage the successful delivery of projects of varying size and complexity
- Act as the key point of contact for clients and teams related to these commissions
- Support new business development and bid and tender preparation
- Assist in the development and management of a high performing specialist team of consultants
- Proactively monitor progress to ensure that all commissions are managed in line with Company Values, Standing Financial Instructions, and good practice, and in compliance with appropriate legislation, statutory approvals and mandatory standards
- Comply with Commission Execution Plans, ensuring they are updated as appropriate, throughout the commission
- Assist in the development and management of the team, demonstrating excellent role model behaviours
- Monitor fee management and support the team to achieve financial targets.
- Preferably educated to degree or equivalent level in a relevant field
- Membership of a chartered institute in the construction industry (e.g. RICS, CIBSE, CIOB, APM or MICE)
- Project Management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2 or APM PMQ
- Experience as a Project Manager in the construction project environment. Consultancy, health or science-related experience is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in acting as the Lead Project Manager i.e. being the accountable person for delivery of that commission
- Delivery of complex construction projects and change management programmes
- Track record of supporting business cases at SOC, OBC and FBC stages
- Experience in presenting at Programme and Project Board meetings
- Track record of successful project budgetary management.